Ensure that the team is performing in line with the DAF Service policy in order to exceed customer expectations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTPUT
- Implement the DAF Service policy, targets and procedures into a local dealer service policy and procedures.
- Develop, coach, control and manage the teams concerning service in order to optimize most cost efficient workshop output and lowest downtime for all DAF Customers by optimizing amongst other all processes related to Vehicle Intake, Diagnosis, FTR Repairs and Timely Return and to optimize the result for the dealer.
- Ensure the implementation of generic and consistent programs to increase Workshop Efficiency, Services Sales, Promote the DAF Workshop, and guide and monitor effectiveness of Technician hiring in order to gain the maximum business opportunity.
- Develop and manage the local activity plan concerning local technical issues.
- Ensure that field actions are executed in line with the DAF Trucks NV. plan.
- Ensure that targets given by DAF Trucks, with regard to Service processes, are realized.
- Ensure that structural product defects and reliability complaints are properly identified and quantified in order to implement corrective action according central policies and procedures.
- Manage the Service department consisting of training, technical knowledge, warranty and customer care.
- Organize, initiate, and follow-up local (technical and non-technical) service training programs, using central training modules to ensure all personnel is compliant with DAF standards. Ensure the adequate level of Technicians and all parties are well informed regarding the latest service information.
- Ensure all After Sales systems are operational and optimally used at the workshop
- Visit end-customers on a regular basis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position in the truck branch.
- Knowledge of DAF products and services, procedures, policies and the DAF strategy.
- In-depth technical knowledge of DAF products.
- Knowledge of the national market segments, international transport industry and competitors.
- Affinity with the business management and related opportunities of the end-user.
- Knowledge of business activities relating to service.
- Commercial experience in the transport industry.
- English language; verbally and in writing.
- Communication and negotiating skills.
- Management skills.